About Paul Baldassini
A professional graphic artist, designer, and fine artist, Paul Baldassini has been working with graphic images for over 30 years. He has a reputation for producing quality products through a combination of materials, technical competence in illustration and brushwork, originality and attention to the nuances and aspects of light, color, design and composition that have earned him showings in both commercial and non-profit settings. Solo showings of Paul’s work include venues in Boston, Concord (MA), Maine and his work has been featured in group shows in Massachusetts, New York and Connecticut.
A native of Quincy, MA Paul owned and managed Paul Baldassini Graphic Design in Boston’s Back Bay. For over 20 years, his creative team provided graphic design and advertising services to a diverse range of clients including corporate, private and non-profit organizations. Despite a hectic and demanding schedule, Paul managed daily sketching, drawing or painting, usually in the morning at his favorite café and in the evening at his home studio.
His dedicated study of 16th century masters combined with his vast knowledge of modern painting techniques and digital tools results in contemporary realist paintings that appeal to art collectors who appreciate both how a painting is created and the nature of the subject portrayed in a painting. Through discipline and assiduous study of people, objects and their settings, Paul attends to details that give his paintings a low-key but, nonetheless, theatrical quality.
Paul, his wife and daughter reside in Middletown, CT. In addition to painting, Paul continues to provide graphic art and design services for select clients in New England. He is available for commissioned works as well as instruction and consultation in both digital graphic art and fine art for serious art students, corporations, academic & private institutions.
Showings & Commendations for Paul Baldassini Fine Art
Paul has shown frequently in both commercial and non-profit contexts:
• Rebecca’s Café, Newbury Street, Boston — Solo show of 8 paintings
• Guild of Boston Artists, Newbury Street, Boston — Group show
• The New England Watercolor Society, (NEWS) Signature Member &
Award Winner juried shows in Boston & Concord, MA; Kennebunkport, ME
• “The Face of America” Traveling show ,1994, Olde Forge, New York,
which included entries by Andrew Wyeth, Philip Pearlstein, Red Grooms,
and Charles Reid among other nationally known artists.
• Russell Public Library — Middletown, CT
• St. Francis Hospital — Hartford, CT
• Lyme Art Association, Old Lyme, CT
• Maple & Main Gallery, Chester, CT
• Six Summit Gallery, Ivoryton, CT
Education, teaching and affiliations
• BFA in Illustration/Graphic Arts — Mass. College of Art
• Part-time Substitute Instructor — Mercy High School, CT
• Digital Photography Adjunct Instructor — Middlesex Community College, CT
• Senior Digital Graphics Instructor, Mass. College of Art — Continuing Education (1999-2004) —
• Signature Member, The New England Watercolor Society, (NEWS)
PAUL BALDASSINI FINE ART